Caretaker minister hints at holding NA inaugural session on Aug 13 or 14
While speaking to the media in Islamabad, the minister said they will call a session by August 15 at any cost according to the Constitution, therefore have decided on either of the given dates.
He added first the speaker and deputy speaker will be selected, after which the prime minister will be appointed.
Zafar further said that the independent candidates would be given time to join the parties of their choice, adding that the independent candidates would have to submit asset details within 10 days after which, Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would announce the results.
MQM-P delegation meets Imran Khan, announces to ... 05:54 PM | 3 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM-P) have struck an agreement to ...
As per Section 2 of Article 91 of the Constitution, National Assembly shall meet on the 21st day following the general election. The newly elected members take oath at the first session of National Assembly.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has expressed the desire to call the National Assembly session before August 14 so that the party chief, Imran Khan, could participate in the Independence Day celebrations as the country’s prime minister.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021