MQM-P delegation calls on Imran Khan for coalition government talks
Accompanied by PTI leader Imran Ismail, the MQM delegation left Karachi for Islamabad earlier today to meet PTI chief and PM-in-waiting, Imran Khan at his Bani Gala residence where party convener Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, who is leading the MQM-P delegation will put forth his party's demands in exchange of joining the government.
Interestingly, the delegation was to meet Imran Khan if the first round of talks with PTI leaders Arif Alvi and Tareen was found successful.
The MQM-P team includes Amir Khan, Faisal Subzwari, Waseem Akhtar, and Kunwar Naveed Jamil.
Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan had earlier decided to join PTI to form the federal government after it held talks with the delegation of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz.
Earlier in the day, the PPP had clarified the MQM-P that it must make a choice between joining the PTI-led federal government and PPP-led Sindh government.
The MQM-P clinched 16 seats in the Sindh Assembly in the July 25 general elections and has six seats in the National Assembly which it can lend to PTI having 116 seats at the federal level.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021