Federal Budget 2016-17: 'Only thing remained cheap in country is death'
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – Commenting on the Federal Budget 2016-17 presented by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in the National Assembly on Friday, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Ameer Sirajul Haq has said that only death was not being taxed in country.
While rejecting the FY 2016-17 budget, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that the government qas relying too heavily on withholding taxes to meet their revenue targets.
“More indirect taxes have been imposed on people in the name of withholding taxes,” he added.
Regarding the supposedly agriculture friendly measures in the budget, Qureshi said that their announcement was a repeat of the Kissan Package, adding that a minimum price support mechanism, which was demanded by most farmers, had been rejected by the government.
Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Khurshid Shah also rejected the budget, saying that it had nothing for the poor.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020