Rana Sanaullah was mastermind of Model Town incident: report
According to media reports, police sources have claimed that Rana Sanaullah was the mastermind of the Model Town carnage and a case against him is expected to be reopened.
Azam Suleman was the home secretary at that time. Rana Sana had reportedly given the orders to conduct the Model Town operation despite opposition for the home secretary.
On July 17, 2014, 14 people were killed and 100 others injured when the police opened fire to disperse protesting Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) workers during an anti-encroachment operation outside the residence of PAT chief Dr Tahirul Qadri.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) had turned down a petition by the PAT seeking to nominate the Sharif brothers and others as accused in the Model Town case.
Following the LHC ruling, Prime Minister Imran Khan assured Dr Tahir ul Qadri that the victims of the Model Town massacre would get justice.
- 'Everything has fallen apart' - YouTuber Bhuvan Bam mourns loss of ...02:35 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021: Islamabad United to lock horns with table-toppers Qalandars ...01:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- ‘Busy’ PM Imran will fly back to Islamabad today after two-day ...01:19 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Aiman Khan launches her own fragrance05:30 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021