National security intimately linked to economy, says COAS
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday has hosted seminar on Interplay of Economy and Security', a concluding session of stakeholders at Army Auditorium.
During the event, the army chief apprised participants about improved internal security environment of the country which has enabled space for increased economic activity.
He said that accessibility and responsiveness of government economic team to the business community and displayed understanding between public and private institutions is a good sign for the intended positive trajectory in economic activity.
“National security is intimately linked to eco while prosperity is function of balance in security needs & economic growth. Aim of various discussions and seminars was to bring stake holders at one platform to formulate recommendations for a synergistic way forward”, COAS. (2of2) pic.twitter.com/IvV70ZZKo9— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 3, 2019
COAS said that national security is intimately linked to the economy while prosperity is a function of balance in security needs and economic growth. Aim of various discussions and seminars was to bring stakeholders at one platform to formulate recommendations for a synergistic way forward, he added.
Government economic team apprised business community about initiatives being introduced by the government to facilitate businesses and the encouraging results of stabilization efforts on the national economy. Businessmen shared their suggestions with the government team to further improve the environment for ease of doing businesses and assured that they will cooperate in the implementation of government reforms and also play their part by paying taxes and investing in a socially and economically responsible manner.
COAS also thanked all participants for purposeful utilization of the joint forum by stakeholders for discussions and seminars leading to the formulation of policy recommendations for subsequent processes and implementation.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020