PM Imran Khan announces committee of businessmen to sort out concerns with NAB
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday announced setting up a committee based on the members of business community to amicably address their concerns with the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
Khan said a strategy had been formulated to resolve the matters of business community as the country's future was linked with strong economy.
He said a close and solid partnership between the government and business community was important for national development, adding that "their success was mutual".
The meeting was attended by PM's Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, Commerce Adviser Abdul Razaq Dawood, Chairman Board of Investment Zubair Gilani and senior officials.
The presidents of Chambers of Commerce and Industry from Karachi, Lahore, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Islamabad and Faisalabad gave suggestions to the prime minister to boost business activity, particularly increase of exports.
The delegation lauded the prime minister's policy of maintaining regular interaction with the traders and his policy of taking the stakeholders on board. The prime minister was also apprised about the problems faced by the business community.
The delegates also paid tribute to PM Imran Khan for presenting the case of Kashmir at the Untied Nations in an effective manner.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020