Bangladesh JI leader Mir Quasem Ali hanged for alleged 1971 war crimes
Earlier, local media reported that all preparations have been made to execute Ali, who is imprisoned at the Kashimpur high security jail in Gazipur, some 40 kilometres north of Dhaka.
“It (the hanging) is likely to take place tonight,” said a police official and added that the execution would occur between 10:00 pm Bangladesh time and midnight.
After the Supreme Court rejected his final appeal on Tuesday against the penalty, Ali declined to seek a presidential pardon, which requires an admission of guilt.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PTI govt to lose another finance minister today08:08 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021