Khawaja Asif to visit China, Iran, Turkey, and Russia amid tensions with US
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif is expected to embark on a four-nation tour of China , Russia , Iran and Turkey as tensions rise between Islamabad and Washington over the latter’s new strategy in Afghanistan .
China recounts Pakistan's sacrifices against ... 06:49 PM | 2 Sep, 2017
BEIJING - Defend its all-weather friend, China has said it would object to any discussion about Pakistan’s alleged ...
Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokesman Nafees Zakaria said that the minister “will be visiting regional countries for consultations.”
Last week, the foreign minister delayed his meeting with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Washington.
Pakistan may lose privileged status on giving ... 11:12 AM | 23 Aug, 2017
WASHINGTON - US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has warned that Pakistan could lose its privileged status as a major ...
The Pakistani government also postponed the visit of Alice Wells, acting assistant secretary of state for South Asian affairs, to Islamabad.
“We can no longer be silent about Pakistan’s safe havens for terrorist organizations, the Taliban and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond,” he said.
“We have been paying Pakistan billions and billions of dollars at the same time they are housing the very terrorists that we are fighting,” the tough-talking Trump added.
On Wednesday, the Pakistani National Assembly passed a resolution denouncing Trump’s and Nicholson’s statements on Pakistan as “hostile and threatening.”
Pakistan desires peace, stability in Afghanistan: ... 08:12 PM | 2 Sep, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif said that Pakistan will continue its support for establishing peace and ...
Afghanistan has been torn by decades of Taliban-led militancy and the 2001 invasion by the US and its allies, while the ISIS terrorist group has emerged there more recently despite the presence of foreign troops.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019