'Ballot rigging': Anti-PTI alliance to stage protest outside ECP on Aug 8
The decision was taken by an action committee formed after the all parties conference on Friday. The meeting was held at the residence of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader and Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq to discuss the way forward.
The alliance of anti-Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf parties, which comprises PML-N, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Muttahida Majlis-s-Amal (MMA), Awami National Party (ANP) and others, was formed the PTI bagged the majority of seats in the 2018 polls.
During the meeting, the united opposition, according to local media, has selected candidate to be field for the position of National Assembly speaker and deputy speaker. The names will be disclosed on the day of the elections.
According to the results, the PTI has bagged 115 general seats whereas the PML-N and PPP have won 64 and 43 seats, respectively, however, the parties have started efforts to convince the independent candidates.
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021