Pakistan on 'Lets Clean Karachi' drive
Addressing the inauguration ceremony, Zaidi said the drive will be carried out in two phases.
In the first phase all six big drain Nullahs of the city would be cleaned while in the second phase, garbage will be taken out of the city.He said the drive will be carried out in cooperation with Karachi Municipal Corporation and Local Bodies, while Frontier Works Organization and NLC will play important role in it.
As the provincial govt of Sindh continues to repudiate Karachi, on the directives of PM, Fed govt & Sindh MPAs of Karachi along with the public take matters in the hand. Volunteers signing up at KPT for the massive #LetsCleanKHI campaign. Sign up online on https://t.co/BQqDPafA21 pic.twitter.com/glFWBGgbAf— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 4, 2019
The minister also appealed to the citizens to abandon the use of plastic bags and bottles to ensure success of the Karachi Clean Campaign.
He hoped that 15000 volunteers would register with the campaign today (Sunday). After registration they would be divided into all districts of the metropolis for carrying out the work.
He also thanked Pakistan Army for deploying Frontier Works Organization (FWO) for "Clean Karachi" campaign.
Criticising the provincial government, Wasim Akhtar said that it was the responsibility of Sindh government to clear the nullahs.
"We all are trying to clean up Karachi beyond the politics," he added.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021