US, Taliban negotiators enter into decisive phase of talks in Doha
Delegates from both sides described the latest round as the most crucial phase of the negotiations, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Officials privy to the talks say a peace agreement could possibly be expected before 13th of this month and would enable foreign forces to leave the conflict-torn nation.
Just got to #Doha to resume talks with the Taliban. We are pursuing a #peace agreement not a withdrawal agreement; a peace agreement that enables withdrawal. Our presence in #Afghanistan is conditions-based, and any withdrawal will be conditions-based.
He said the US is ready for a good agreement as the Taliban are signalling that they would like to conclude an agreement.
Meanwhile, in a tweet Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen said if an agreement is reached with the US, then all foreign troops will withdraw from Afghanistan under a specified timeline, paving the way for inter-Afghan negotiations.
Earlier, talking to reporters at the White House, US President Donald Trump said Washington is hoping to strike a peace deal with the Taleban by 1st of September ahead of Afghan polls.
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch – Umair Jaswal drops new song 'Bewafa'06:42 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022