Economic stability, provision of relief to masses, Govt’s top priorities: PM Imran
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that provision of relief to the common man and bringing further economic stability are the top priorities of the government.
Addressing a Federal Cabinet meeting in Islamabad, the premier said that a significant milestone has been achieved in the journey towards economic stability.
Prime Minister expressed satisfaction over the reports of leading global credit rating entities and financial institutions.
Advisor on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh briefing the Cabinet said four leading financial institutes, including the World Bank (WB), Asian Development Bank (ADB), International Monetary Bank and Moody’s have lauded improvement in Pakistan’s economy.
He said because of the improvement in the financial outlook and the economic indicators, the confidence of local and foreign investors has increased, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Cabinet was informed about progress on implementing the government’s decision to decrease electricity prices in winter.
It is being ensured that there was no complaint of overbilling anywhere in the country, while special attention is being given to end corruption.
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for Petroleum Nadeem Babar apprised the cabinet that a proposal is under consideration to charge bill for extra gas consumed during winter in instalments in summer months.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019