Waseem Akram, Ijaz Rehman, Zulfliqar Bukhari and Anila Khawaja send defamation notice to Rehman Khan over ‘controversial’ book
Reham Khan’s former husband, a former cricketer along with two other political figures sent her a defamation notice on Monday, citing “defamatory and malicious” content in her upcoming autobiography.
The manuscript of her purported autobiography titled ‘Reham Khan’ contains a “litany of malicious, false, incorrect, highly misleading, callous, wanton, tortious, prejudicial, damaging, libelous and defamatory” imputations against its clients, according to a “pre-action defamation protocol” letter, addressed to Reham Khan by a law firm representing Ijaz Rehman, Wasim Akram, Imran Khan’s close aide Zulfi Bukhari, and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Anila Khawaja.
The letter adds that “our clients will be seeking full redress through the courts for the serious damage and harm” the book is anticipated to inflict on them.
The former BBC presenter has been at the centre of controversy after split from Imran Khan in 2015, however, the controversy heated up when TV actor and PTI loyalist Hamza Ali Abbasi censured her on Saturday after claiming that he had read the manuscript of Reham’s book in which Imran Khan was portrayed in a bad light just before the polls.
Reham Khan releases 'threatening' emails sent by ... 03:49 PM | 2 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Reham Khan's autobiography is making headlines even before its release as famed TV star Hamza Ali Abbasi ...
Reham responded with a Rs500 million notice after sharing ‘threatening’ emails alleging that they belong to Abbasi, though the actor denied ownership of the email address.
In an interview on Monday, the former journalist said that her book revolves around the character related to her life.
She also alleged that her email address was hacked and added that Hamza Ali Abbasi would go to jail for his childish escapade.
Earlier today, Reham claimed that her former husband Imran Khan did not fulfil requirements of Article 62 and 63, as he hid their marriage for two months.
Imran Khan failed to comply with Article 62, 63 ... 10:18 AM | 4 Jun, 2018
LONDON - Reham Khan, the former wife of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman, Imran Khan, alleged on Monday that the PTI ...
Imran Khan got hitched to Reham Khan in early 2015, however, the couple split in the same year, for reasons unknown to many.
Khan tied the knot again in January 2018 with his spiritual mentor, Bushra Maneka, who avoids media spotlight.
The 45-year-old is in London where she is planning to launch her autobiography, for which an exact date has not been announced yet.
- US Mission collaborates with AIOU to promote best practices in ...10:52 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- vivo Y35 full review: Is it worth the price?10:34 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sandeep Singh Bhatti to be a part of Tyson Fury's Headliner Event10:12 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Inaugural ILT20 to roll into action from January 1309:49 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals in latest video07:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sunita Marshall and Hassan Ahmed shut down separation rumours07:10 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022