Ali Wazir sent to Peshawar jail after Bannu court rejects plea for extension in physical remand
The court was hearing a case pertaining to the recent clash between Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement (PTM) and the security forces in which three people were killed and five soldiers were injured.
Following the hearing, Wazir was transferred to Peshawar Central jail.
Earlier, the anti-terrorism court had granted eight-day physical remand of MNA Ali Wazir to Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) officials in the case.
Last month, PTM protesters as an armed group led by Mohsin Dawar and Ali Wazir attacked Kharqamar check post, Boyya, in North Waziristan tribal district.
After the attack, Wazir was arrested for provoking the protestors to attack the security force’s check post. He was and subsequently presented before a local court in Bannu.
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021