Ali Wazir sent to Peshawar jail after Bannu court rejects plea for extension in physical remand
The court was hearing a case pertaining to the recent clash between Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement (PTM) and the security forces in which three people were killed and five soldiers were injured.
Following the hearing, Wazir was transferred to Peshawar Central jail.
Earlier, the anti-terrorism court had granted eight-day physical remand of MNA Ali Wazir to Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) officials in the case.
Last month, PTM protesters as an armed group led by Mohsin Dawar and Ali Wazir attacked Kharqamar check post, Boyya, in North Waziristan tribal district.
After the attack, Wazir was arrested for provoking the protestors to attack the security force’s check post. He was and subsequently presented before a local court in Bannu.
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Mastermind of recent Karachi bombing got training, instructions from ...08:14 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan bans import of non-essential luxury items as dollar hits ...07:58 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan looking at Afghanistan to tackle terrorism threat, says FM ...07:29 PM | 19 May, 2022
- US Consul General Lahore inaugurates English language program07:05 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new bold dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022