Oil prices mixed in Asian trade
US benchmark West Texas Intermediate for April delivery gained 11 cents to $50.63 while Brent crude for April fell 28 cents to $60.74 in mid-morning trade.
Tetsu Emori, commodity fund manager with Astmax Investments in Tokyo, said the official US stockpiles report for the week to February 27 to be released later Wednesday will show an increase in crude reserves, indicating weak demand in the world's biggest economy.
"This will be negative for price recovery," Emori told AFP. Crude oil stockpiles likely rose 3.95 million barrels last week, according to a Bloomberg News survey.
Overall reserves meanwhile currently stand at 434.1 million, the most since the start of official stockpiles data compilation in 1982, Bloomberg said.
Emori said dealers are also closely monitoring unrest in crude producer Libya.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022