Mumtaz Qadri supporters attack journalists, media houses across Pakistan
The attackers stormed the media houses with stones and batons. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has strongly condemned attack by the protesters enraged after the execution of Mumtaz Qadri, killer of former Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer.
Meanwhile, 'Editors for Safety', an organisation of newspaper editors and heads of television channels, has expressed serious concern over a series of attacks on journalists in different cities.
Read More: Who were Salmaan Taseer and Mumtaz Qadri?
Reports from Lahore, Karachi, Hyderabad and some other cities say protesters attacked office of a TV station, attacked DSNGs, pelted stones at press clubs, and manhandled journalists.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021