‘Woman Empowerment’: Wife sets husband on fire in Punjab city
Rangpura’s 30-year-old resident Zeeshan tied knot with Kanwal two months ago. However; the wife went to her parent’s house after Zeeshan refused to transfer the ownership of the house on her name.
The husband went after her wife to bring her back home but a scuffle broke down after which Kanwal set him ablaze with the help of his brother Ahmad Raza.
Zeeshan was admitted to Aziz Bhatti Shaheed hospital in critical condition.
On the other hand, the victim’s relatives are protesting as neither any treatment is being provided nor action is being taken on the incident.
The unusual incident comes days after the Punjab Assembly passed Protection of Women against Violence Bill 2015, making all crimes against the women an offence including domestic violence, emotional, psychological and economic abuse, verbal abuse, stalking, abetment of an offence, and cyber-crimes.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021