PM Imran sticks to commitment of 5 million homes at housing project ceremony in Renala Khurd
Addressing a ceremony, the premier emphasized that the 5 million homes promised by the government would be built by the private sector and the government would simply assist.
'40 industries are linked to the construction sector and as the houses start building, 40 more industries would see an uplift,' the premier asserted, adding that it would lead to the circulation of money and more employment opportunities.
The premier expressed that the Naya Pakistan Housing project would prompt an increase in the growth rate and ultimately would usher in an era of prosperity.
'Mian Mehmoodur Rasheed said building 5 million homes was difficult,' said the premier but hastened to add that we [government] has to made 5 million homes.
The premier elaborated that banks would lend money to the salaried class for building homes adding that the government had already amended relevant laws in this regard.
The Prime Minister detailed that a new program for slums would be introduced and flats would be erected for those residing in slums.
'Pre-fabricated houses are now being built at an unprecedented pace,' said the premier and added that new techniques would be introduced for erecting a multi-storey building.
The prime minister is also likely to hold separate meetings with Punjab Governor, Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar and Chief Minister Usman Buzdar to discuss important matters.
Punjab cabinet has already approved the release of five billion rupees to the Punjab Housing and Town Planning Agency for the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
Under the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme, 135,000 housing units will be built across the country in the first phase. 25,000 apartments will be built in Islamabad for federal government employees and 110,000 apartments will be constructed in Balochistan, mainly for the fishermen of Gwadar.
In Azad Jammu and Kashmir, 3,000 units would be constructed whereas 19,000 units would be built in Islamabad in the first phase.
The registration process for the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme began on October 22.
- SHC slaps Rs25,000 fine on lawyer who opposed mandatory Covid vaccine12:36 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PAKvWI: Azam Khan shifted to hospital for tests after head injury11:50 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- In a first, Pakistan Army organises joint medal parade in DR Congo ...11:26 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ben Stokes takes ‘indefinite’ break for mental wellbeing10:51 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran extends condolences to Turkey over forest fire causalities10:20 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021