Afghan Taliban delegation did not meet Prime Minister Imran Khan, says Dr Firdous
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said that the Afghan Taliban Political Commission talks with the foreign minister in Islamabad yesterday is a positive sign for Afghan reconciliatory process.
In a tweet, she said that this process is evident of the fact that Pakistan has always played an important role to create a favorable environment for regional and global peace.
گزشتہ روز طالبان وفد کی وزیر خارجہ سے ملاقات اسی سلسلے کی کڑی تھی۔پر امید ہے کہ اس سے عنقریب مثبت نتائج حاصل ہوں گے۔تاہم وزیراعظم سے طالبان وفد کی کوئی ملاقات نہیں ہوئی ۔اس ضمن میں نشر اور شائع ہونے والی خبروں میں صداقت نہیں۔
— Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) October 4, 2019
The Special Assistant said that the meeting was part of this process and it will hopefully yield positive results.
However, she said, the Taliban delegation did not meet the Prime Minister, adding that the reports published and broadcast in this regard are baseless.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020