Afghan Taliban delegation did not meet Prime Minister Imran Khan, says Dr Firdous
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said that the Afghan Taliban Political Commission talks with the foreign minister in Islamabad yesterday is a positive sign for Afghan reconciliatory process.
In a tweet, she said that this process is evident of the fact that Pakistan has always played an important role to create a favorable environment for regional and global peace.
گزشتہ روز طالبان وفد کی وزیر خارجہ سے ملاقات اسی سلسلے کی کڑی تھی۔پر امید ہے کہ اس سے عنقریب مثبت نتائج حاصل ہوں گے۔تاہم وزیراعظم سے طالبان وفد کی کوئی ملاقات نہیں ہوئی ۔اس ضمن میں نشر اور شائع ہونے والی خبروں میں صداقت نہیں۔
— Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) October 4, 2019
The Special Assistant said that the meeting was part of this process and it will hopefully yield positive results.
However, she said, the Taliban delegation did not meet the Prime Minister, adding that the reports published and broadcast in this regard are baseless.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019