Afghan Taliban delegation did not meet Prime Minister Imran Khan, says Dr Firdous
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said that the Afghan Taliban Political Commission talks with the foreign minister in Islamabad yesterday is a positive sign for Afghan reconciliatory process.
In a tweet, she said that this process is evident of the fact that Pakistan has always played an important role to create a favorable environment for regional and global peace.
گزشتہ روز طالبان وفد کی وزیر خارجہ سے ملاقات اسی سلسلے کی کڑی تھی۔پر امید ہے کہ اس سے عنقریب مثبت نتائج حاصل ہوں گے۔تاہم وزیراعظم سے طالبان وفد کی کوئی ملاقات نہیں ہوئی ۔اس ضمن میں نشر اور شائع ہونے والی خبروں میں صداقت نہیں۔
— Firdous Ashiq Awan (@Dr_FirdousPTI) October 4, 2019
The Special Assistant said that the meeting was part of this process and it will hopefully yield positive results.
However, she said, the Taliban delegation did not meet the Prime Minister, adding that the reports published and broadcast in this regard are baseless.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019