American school removes Harry Potter books for this reason
Harry Potter is dangerous? The beloved book series by author J.K. Rowling about a young wizard and his friends has been taken off library shelves at St. Edward Catholic School in Nashville because the school's pastor believes the books' magical spells are real.
Rev. Dan Reehil, the pastor of the school serving kindergarten through eighth grade, removed the books from circulation because of "recommendations of exorcists in United States and Rome," according to CNN on Tuesday.
"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true," Reehil said in an e-mail originally published by the Tennessean on Saturday. "The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells, which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the texts."
Harry Potter fans, what do you think?
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020