NEPRA allows Rs.1.78/Unit hike in power tariff for July
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) on Wednesday approved Rs1.78 per unit increase in power tariff for July under monthly fuel adjustment formula.
In a petition filed, the Central Power Purchase Agency Guarantee Limited (CPPA-G) had sought Rs1.92 per unit increase. CPPA-G said that it had charged consumers a reference tariff of Rs3.5420/kWh against the actual fuel cost of Rs5.46/kWh during the said period.
It was further told that total energy from all sources remained at 13,788.73 Gwh in July and the total cost was calculated to Rs75.40 billion with an average per unit fuel cost of Rs5.46 per unit.
Some 32.53 per cent of electricity was generated from hydel, 24.71 per cent from RLNG, 11.81 per cent from local gas, 14.33 per cent from coal, wind 4.19 per cent, nuclear 5.81 per cent and furnace oil 5.50 per cent during the said period. However, the regulator approved Rs.1.78 per unit hike in the power tariff and its impact was calculated at Rs.24.6 billion which would be recovered from the consumers.
The hike would not be applicable to the lifeline, K-E consumers and those using below 300 unitsThe regulator was told that more electricity was generated from power plants running on furnace oil. The regulator also sought merit order of various power plants.
Meanwhile, the regulator reserved decision on setting up Sindh provincial grid station.
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PBM to launch Orphan Donors Support programme to help widows07:00 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan grieved over losses by earthquake in Turkey06:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019