NEPRA allows Rs.1.78/Unit hike in power tariff for July
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) on Wednesday approved Rs1.78 per unit increase in power tariff for July under monthly fuel adjustment formula.
In a petition filed, the Central Power Purchase Agency Guarantee Limited (CPPA-G) had sought Rs1.92 per unit increase. CPPA-G said that it had charged consumers a reference tariff of Rs3.5420/kWh against the actual fuel cost of Rs5.46/kWh during the said period.
It was further told that total energy from all sources remained at 13,788.73 Gwh in July and the total cost was calculated to Rs75.40 billion with an average per unit fuel cost of Rs5.46 per unit.
Some 32.53 per cent of electricity was generated from hydel, 24.71 per cent from RLNG, 11.81 per cent from local gas, 14.33 per cent from coal, wind 4.19 per cent, nuclear 5.81 per cent and furnace oil 5.50 per cent during the said period. However, the regulator approved Rs.1.78 per unit hike in the power tariff and its impact was calculated at Rs.24.6 billion which would be recovered from the consumers.
The hike would not be applicable to the lifeline, K-E consumers and those using below 300 unitsThe regulator was told that more electricity was generated from power plants running on furnace oil. The regulator also sought merit order of various power plants.
Meanwhile, the regulator reserved decision on setting up Sindh provincial grid station.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019