PM Imran orders reduction in number of check posts across country
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed officials and government agencies concerned to reduce the number of check posts across the country.
A letter forwarded by the PM office on Wednesday also directed the concerned authorities to revise standard operating procedures to root out corrupt practices at check posts on highways in the country.
Taking notice of rent-seeking from goods transport by various government agencies, including Police, Excise and Customs through check posts at national highways, the Prime Minister has directed for immediate steps to check this practice.
The secretaries of interior and narcotics, provincial chief secretaries, Chairman FBR and other concerned officials have been informed about the directives.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed that the exercise be completed no later than 5th of next month after which action will be initiated against not only the ground staff of various check posts but also against supervisory officers.
- Pakistan summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019