Parliament's joint session to discuss Yemen crisis
The session has been convened by President Mamnoon Hussain on the advice of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif after a joint statement by opposition parties warned the government from taking any decision regarding Yemen crisis alone.
"The matter should either be discussed in Parliament or an All Parties Conference (APC) should be summoned in this regard," the joint statement said.
The session will presided over by Speaker of the National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq.
All of the parliamentary parties are expected to present their respective opinions about the situation of Middle East and any possibility of Pakistan's intervention into the conflict during the session.
A unanimous resolution is also expected at the conclusion of the session.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), who was boycotting Parliament sessions while demanding a probe into the allegation of rigging in general election 2013, has also announced to attend the session as a judicial commission has been agreed according to their demands.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021