Gen Bajwa says will support all efforts to get justice for Naqeebullah Mehsud
RAWALPINDI - The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday met the father of Naqeebullah Mehsud , who was killed in a fake police encounter in Karachi, condoled with him and offered Fateha.
In a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the COAS said that army would support all efforts to help him get the justice.
Speaking to the local tribal elders, General Bajwa said that [the country] is now in a phase of stability and development after facing difficult times during terrorism and operations against terrorists.
He urged to the local elders to not allow anyone to jeopardize the peace attained at a very heavy cost of blood and money.
The army chief said that the earliest mainstreaming of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) to the popular aspirations of the local tribes is essential for its development and enduring stability.
General Bajwa acknowledged the complete support of tribal brethren to the army and their resolve to maintain and strengthen the gains. The tribal elders thanked Pakistan Army for restoring peace and development projects and assured that tribes stand firmly with the army for the journey towards enduring peace.
Projects including the Agriculture Park at Wana and a market at Makeen, part of the socio-economic uplift program for FATA were inaugurated by General Bajwa. The projects were executed through by engineers of the Pakistan Army in collaboration with the government, the statement said.
Wana’s Agriculture Park comprises multiple components including a state-of-the-art pine-nut processing plant, a cold storage facility boasting a 1000-ton capacity, warehouses, and 128 shops. The Makeen Market Complex has 728 shops, allied facilities and a park for children.
Earlier, Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa inaugurated two mega development projects in South Waziristan Agency.
Commander Peshawar Corps and Frontier Constabulary (FC), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa South Inspector General (IG) were also present during the visit.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019