US urges Pakistan, India to jointly work on terrorism
Speaking at the daily press briefing, the State Department Spokesman, Mark Toner, said that the US appreciates regional dialogues between Islamabad and New Delhi while referring to the recent SAARC Interior Ministers Conference in Islamabad.
Responding to a query to this effect, he said: "Terrorism is obviously a reality in both countries, and they need to – in order to effectively confront it - work together and that’s something we’ve long encouraged."
"We advocate for closer cooperation, certainly, between India and Pakistan to deal with terrorist threats in both their countries," he added.
He went o say that it’s important for the two countries to talk about the areas of disagreement and some of the areas of concern among them at the forums such as SAARC.
When asked if the US would Pakistan to take action against the terrorists wanted by India, Toner said "I’m not going to get into the specifics of the back-and-forth except to say that we obviously believe that Pakistan needs to do all it can to confront all terrorists operating on its soil."
We’ve seen it making progress on this and we want to see more progress on its part by Pakistan, he added.
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021