Pakistan to legally confront India on unilateral Kashmir decision
'As the party to this international dispute, Pakistan will exercise all possible options to counter the illegal steps,' Pakistan's foreign office said in a press release on Monday.
It said the Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir is an internationally recognized disputed territory and no unilateral step by the Government of India can change this disputed status, as enshrined in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions.
"Nor will this ever be acceptable to the people of Jammu & Kashmir and Pakistan," the foreign office said.
India revokes Article 370 to abolish special ... 11:15 AM | 5 Aug, 2019
NEW DELHI - The Narendra Modi-led BJP regime has repealed Article 370 of the Constitution of India, which grants ...
It added that Pakistan reaffirms its abiding commitment to the Kashmir cause and its political, diplomatic and moral support to the people of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir for realization of their inalienable right to self-determination.
The response came after India revoked Article 370 of its constitution which granted special status to the restive valley.
India’s Home Minister, Amit Shah has also proposed bifurcating the valley into two areas, stirring fear about the ‘nefarious’ designs, Modi regime might be implementing in days to come.
Indian authorities have also deployed additional forces to the restive valley besides suspending internet service and putting top leaders including former chief minister Omar Abdullah under house arrest.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022