ECNEC approves upgradation’ project of Pakistan Railways
ISLAMABAD - Executive Committee of the National Economic Council has approved project for upgradation of Pakistan Railways existing Mainline-1 at the cost of over 6.8 billion dollars.
The meeting of the Committee was held in Islamabad today (Wednesday) with Adviser to Prime Minister on Finance Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh in chair.
The project will be completed in three packages in which existing 2,655 KM track will be upgraded.
The speed of passenger trains will increase from 65/110 KM/h to 165 KM/h and line capacity will increase from 34 to 137/171 trains each way per day.
Ministry of Railways will constitute a project steering committee for effective supervision and implementation of the project.
Establishment of a dry port near Havelian was also approved in the meeting.
- Shaheen shines in Qalandars enthralling win against Kings11:55 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Indian man killed by own rooster during cockfight10:25 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- No Pakistani bowler, all-rounder among top players in latest ICC test ...09:34 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Petroleum prices will remain the same in March, confirms Finance ...08:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Myanmar military fires UN ambassador after anti-coup speech amid 7 ...07:21 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021