ECNEC approves upgradation’ project of Pakistan Railways
ISLAMABAD - Executive Committee of the National Economic Council has approved project for upgradation of Pakistan Railways existing Mainline-1 at the cost of over 6.8 billion dollars.
The meeting of the Committee was held in Islamabad today (Wednesday) with Adviser to Prime Minister on Finance Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh in chair.
The project will be completed in three packages in which existing 2,655 KM track will be upgraded.
The speed of passenger trains will increase from 65/110 KM/h to 165 KM/h and line capacity will increase from 34 to 137/171 trains each way per day.
Ministry of Railways will constitute a project steering committee for effective supervision and implementation of the project.
Establishment of a dry port near Havelian was also approved in the meeting.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Opposition’s PDM announces first anti-govt rally in Quetta next ...08:15 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- vivo launches Y20 with 5000mAh Battery, Triple Macro Camera and Side ...07:53 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Kuwait Emir al-Sabah passes away07:36 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ertugrul earns Guinness Book of World Records as best global drama03:34 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020