Obama names Indian-American investor as IMF director
The White House sent Sabharwal's nomination to the Senate on Wednesday. At over two dozen, Obama administration boasts of having the highest number of Indian-Americans in key jobs than any previous administrations in the US.
Sabharwal, who has been an independent investor since 2006, was the chairman of the Board of Ogone, a European ecommerce payment services company, from 2011 to 2013, according to the White House.
He advised Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Easycash, a German network services company, subsequently becoming a board advisor from 2006 to 2009.
From 2003 to 2006, Sabharwal was senior vice president of strategic investments at First Data Corporation/Western Union.
From 1997 to 2003, he held several positions at GE Capital, including managing director. From 1992 to 1996 he worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Sabharwal received a BS from the Ohio State University and an MS from the London Business School.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021