Waseem Akhtar granted bail in two more cases
Bail was granted to the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Pakistan leader in four cases pertaining to May 12, 2007 tragedy and so the imprisoned mayor needs to get bail in one more case to get out of jail.
Akhter was home minister Sindh during President Musharraf stint and so the critics blame him for involvement in May 12 tragedy
Waseem Akhtar was arrested on July 19 on suspicion of sheltering and providing medical treatment to alleged militants and criminals by law enforcement agencies. He also faces charges of inciting riots.
He was elected the mayor of Karachi in August and has been running his office from behind the bars since then.
Akhtar has said repeatedly in the past that he should be granted bail in the interest of Karachi.
“If you think I have done something wrong, I should be granted opportunity for bail. I have appealed to both Chief Justice of Pakistan and Chief Justice Sindh High Court,” he told Geo News at ATC in September.
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021