Split exposed in PML-N after alleged IB's report reveals nexus between ministers, terrorists
ISLAMABAD - Cracks are beginning to form within the ruling party, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N), as the party's own lawmakers staged a walk out on Thursday from National Assembly over Intelligence Bureau's alleged report surfaced claiming links between ministers and militant groups.
Speaking at the National Assembly, PML-N's lawmaker Riaz Hussain Peerzada expressed reservations over the alleged surveillance by the intelligence agency, adding that this thing has brought shame to his family.
He called for an investigation regarding the issuance of a letter from the Prime Minister office, then held by Nawaz Sharif, to the IB directing it to putting the ministers under the scanner for their alleged links with militants.
In reply, Speaker Ayaz Sadiq said that the report is fake, adding that the IB has approached Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) in this regard.
After the speech, Peerzada and other ministers staged a walk out and urged the government to initiate an inquiry in the case.
Days before, a report by IB surfaced on media mentioning alleged nexus between 37 ministers and banned organisations.
Media reports also suggested that the report, which was aired on ARY News, stated that former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had also ordered the authorities put check on the these ministers.
The alleged report includes the names of Law Minister Zahid Hamid, National Food Security Minister Sikandar Hayyat Khan Bosan, Communications Minister Hafiz Abdul Kareem, Federal Education Minister Muhammad Baligh Ur Rehman, Inter-Provincial Co-ordination Minister Mian Riaz Hussain Peerzada and others.
However, the government termed the IB documents bogus and launched an inquiry into the case.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020