Split exposed in PML-N after alleged IB's report reveals nexus between ministers, terrorists
Speaking at the National Assembly, PML-N's lawmaker Riaz Hussain Peerzada expressed reservations over the alleged surveillance by the intelligence agency, adding that this thing has brought shame to his family.
He called for an investigation regarding the issuance of a letter from the Prime Minister office, then held by Nawaz Sharif, to the IB directing it to putting the ministers under the scanner for their alleged links with militants.
In reply, Speaker Ayaz Sadiq said that the report is fake, adding that the IB has approached Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) in this regard.
After the speech, Peerzada and other ministers staged a walk out and urged the government to initiate an inquiry in the case.
Days before, a report by IB surfaced on media mentioning alleged nexus between 37 ministers and banned organisations.
Media reports also suggested that the report, which was aired on ARY News, stated that former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had also ordered the authorities put check on the these ministers.
The alleged report includes the names of Law Minister Zahid Hamid, National Food Security Minister Sikandar Hayyat Khan Bosan, Communications Minister Hafiz Abdul Kareem, Federal Education Minister Muhammad Baligh Ur Rehman, Inter-Provincial Co-ordination Minister Mian Riaz Hussain Peerzada and others.
However, the government termed the IB documents bogus and launched an inquiry into the case.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports 11 Covid deaths in last 24 hours, lowest in over 11 ...09:08 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 October 202108:41 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021