MQM ordered Baldia factory fire over extortion refusal: Challan
The challan was immediately approved by an anti-terrorism court in Karachi today.
According to the sources, Hamad Siddiqui ordered the terrorist act after the factory owners refused to give them partnership and extortion money.
According to Geo News, the challan further revealed that the factory owners even agreed on paying Rs10 million.
The owners of the garment factory were coerced by Mohammad Ali Hasan — a close aide of former MQM leader Anees Qaimkhani— to pay off Rs59.8 million.
According to the challan, there were 18 witnesses in the case whereas Hammad Siddiqui and Rehman aka Bhola have been declared absconders.
According to the challan, many MQM leaders tried to change the direction of the case.
The incident took lives of 259 people and also injured several others in September 2012.
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021