Punjab, KP to get new governors today
Talking to the media outside the Parliament House on Tuesday, Sarwar said that he delayed his oath-taking due to the presidential election. He also vowed to utilize his vast experience gained in the United Kingdom.
Sarwar previously served as the Punjab governor during the tenure of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz in 2013. However, he left the position and joined the PTI.
Moreover, PTI’s Shah Farman will be sworn in as the 32nd governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
Chief Justice of the Peshawar High Court Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth will administer the oath to the new KP governor in a ceremony, which is likely to be attended by KP chief minister’s Mahmood Khan and Corps Commander Peshawar Lt General Nazir Ahmed Butt.
Both the governors will take oath at 3pm.
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021