Pakistan will not compromise on Saudi security: Defence Minister
Khawaja Muhammad Asif said this while moving the motion in the joint session of the parliament that the House may discuss security situation due to Yemen crisis.
In policy statement, the Defence Minister said that Pakistan wants peaceful solution of the Yemen crisis through political and diplomatic means.
He said that if there is any threat to the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Saudi Arabia, then Pakistan will play its due role in its defence.
He said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is in close liaison with the neighbouring countries and has also visited Turkey in this regard and will also visit other regional countries for more consultations.
He said due to the government's efforts the Pakistanis stranded in Yemen are being evacuated safely back to home and thanked Saudi Arabia, China and other countries for extending their support for safe evacuation of Pakistanis.
The minister thanked Saudi Arab and China for assistance in evacuation of Pakistanis from the war-torn country.
The House will now meet at 5pm today.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021