Prize winning schemes by mobile companies banned
In May 2012, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) issued a notice to the cellular companies, directing them to stop all SMS-based prize schemes as it was violation of the Telecom Consumer Protection Regulation, 1999.
The notice was challenged by telecom operators in the Islamabad High Court (IHC) but the court issued verdict in PTA’s favour.
Later, an appeal was filed in the apex court against IHC’s decision.
In its detailed verdict, the Supreme Court on Monday declared that no one can be allowed to loot people in the name of ‘inaami schemes.’
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hong Kong bans flights from Pakistan, other countries over fears of ...01:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021