Engaging with US for Afghan peace without conditions: Pakistan
Addressing the media during a weekly press briefing, spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said Khalilzad met Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and assured him of cooperation regarding the resolution of Afghan conflict.
He revealed that Islamabad was also in talks with Washington over the coalition support fund (CSF).
Dr Faisal continued that US president Donald Trump’s letter to Prime Minister Imran Khan highlighted the fact that Afghanistan was an important issue for the region.
Responding to the reports regarding the presence of a Taliban delegation in Pakistan, Dr Faisal said the solution to the Afghan war is political, not military, asserting that Pakistan believes in moving forward.
Regarding the atrocities by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir, the foreign office spokesperson said India should stop misleading the world and should accept ground realities.
Dr Faisal observed that Pakistan aims to open Kartarpur corridor before Baba Guru Nanak's 550th birth anniversary next year.
“Pakistan wants reconciliation with India on occupied Kashmir issue and others and we are hoping for a positive response from New Delhi,” the spokesperson added.
He, however, affirmed that the Kartarpur corridor will not shift the focus away from the Kashmir issue which was at the top of Pakistan’s agenda.
Regarding the recent hike in dollar price, Dr Faisal said it had nothing to do with the foreign ministry as it was the responsibility of the finance ministry to maintain the price of the dollar.
The Chinese state television used a pre-approved map in which occupied Kashmir was shown in white, he clarified
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020