Five indians arrested for trying to sell uranium
Police said they have seized the "yellow coloured substance" which after thorough testing by Central Forensic Science Laboratory was found something other than Uranium - a highly radioactive element used in atomic reactors.
Along with the powdery substance, fake appointment letters of the forest department were also seized from the custody of accused who were in a bid to sale the substance in the open market
They were arrested from Mango Lane in central Kolkata late into the night on Wednesday and have been identified as Javed Miandad, SK Mughal, a resident of Sutahata in East Midnapore district, Shahjahan Mondal from Baduria, Younis Biswas and Basant Sinha from Behrampore district, all belonging to India.
One of accused said that it was brought from Maharashtra. When interrogated separately one said ‘uranium’ was used for the treatment of cancer during the radiation process.
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: COVID SOPs go for a toss at PTI MNA daughter’s big fat ...10:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021