Men march wearing ‘Burqas’ in Afghanistan ahead of Women’s Day
The men marched on Thursday dressed head-to-toe in bright blue burqas, clothing that covers with female body and has mesh over the face.
The idea was to draw attention to women's rights by wearing the clothing that has, for many people, come to symbolise the suppression of women.
It took place ahead of International Women's Day on March 8.
"Our authorities will be celebrating International Women's Day in big hotels, but we wanted to take it to the streets," one of the activists told reporters.
They also chanted slogans, carrying display cards that demanded equal rights for women.
- Celebrities jump to Shoaib Akhtar's defense following the controversy ...03:23 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Arrest warrant issued for PM's aide Shahbaz Gill in defamation suit02:56 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Sacked Indian teacher arrested for cheering Pakistan's victory in T20 ...01:46 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan's bail hearing adjourned till tomorrow07:00 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021