The Oscars 2018 lose 6.5 million viewers; TV ratings hit a record low
Ratings for the show, which constitutes a whopping 3 hours and 50 minutes of air time, have dropped down considerably with an all time record low of 26.5 million viewers this year.
This puts the viewership down another 20% from last year's 33 million. The previous all time low was just after an 11 week Hollywood writer's strike in 2008 when Jon Stewart hosted the Oscars which went down to 32 million.
Perhaps the worst move was re-calling Jimmy Kimmel to host the event on Sunday after his mediocre performance last year. It seemed to the average viewer that the awards ceremony had no new content and stuck to last year's controversial scene when presenters Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty mistakenly gave away the Best Picture award to the wrong film.
Similarly in January, the Golden Globes raked in only 19 million for NBC with a 5% drop and in February, The Grammy's on CBS pulled in a mere 19.8 million views.
According to top analysts the record low ratings were due to the limited box office appeal of the top winners such as The Shape Of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
- ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan12:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ‘Don’t lie to me’: India’s top cardiologist gets wife’s ...12:28 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Biden: 'We can't wait any longer' to address climate crisis12:03 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Prayer leader butchered inside house in Lahore’s Shalimar11:54 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Corruption increases: Pakistan slips four places on global Corruption ...11:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021