Faisal Vawda submitted false affidavit in dual nationality case, rules IHC
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court has ruled that the affidavit submitted by Federal minister Faisal Vawda regarding his dual nationality was ‘false’.
Justice Aamer Farooq of IHC issued detailed verdict in disqualification case of the PTI leader.
The order said: “Since the affidavits were tendered before the Election Commission of Pakistan it is just and proper that the Election Commission of Pakistan probes into the matter of veracity of affidavit furnished by Faisal Vawda on 11.06.2018 and if same is found to be false to stipulate the effect thereof pursuant to observations made in PLD 2020 SC 591."
The order further mentioned that since the lawmaker has resigned as Member of National Assembly, no writ or quo-warranto can be issued with respect to holding dual nationality.
However, the matter of submitting a false affidavit would be looked into and the ECP would also probe into the matter because it was the same submitted to them.
Faisal Vawda resigns from NA to avoid ... 10:48 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf National Assembly member Faisal Vawda has resigned from the National ...
Faisal Vawda had won the 2018 general election from Karachi’s NA-249 constituency. The minister remained an American national even when the scrutiny of his nomination papers was completed.
The top court had in the past had categorically ruled that the candidates who hold dual national were supposed to submit a renunciation certificate of the foreign nationality along with their nomination papers.
Journalist Saadia Afzaal drops major clue about ... 03:30 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
LAHORE – Primetime TV host Saadia Afzaal has sparked rumors of secret marriage with newly elected Senator Faisal ...
- Pakistan reports 5,499 new cases, 148 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:09 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 April 202108:35 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021