Faisal Vawda resigns from NA to avoid disqualification
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf National Assembly member Faisal Vawda has resigned from the National Assembly seat to avoid disqualification in dual citizenship case.
The legal team of the PTI leader tendered his resignation in Islamabad High Court (IHC), where a disqualification case is pending against him. The lawyers stated the disqualification case against Vawda has become ineffective after the resignation from the NA seat.
Earlier, opposition parties slammed the ruling party for nominating Vawda amid a dual nationality case pending for the last two and a half years.
This is breaking news...
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021