Faisal Vawda resigns from NA to avoid disqualification
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf National Assembly member Faisal Vawda has resigned from the National Assembly seat to avoid disqualification in dual citizenship case.
The legal team of the PTI leader tendered his resignation in Islamabad High Court (IHC), where a disqualification case is pending against him. The lawyers stated the disqualification case against Vawda has become ineffective after the resignation from the NA seat.
Earlier, opposition parties slammed the ruling party for nominating Vawda amid a dual nationality case pending for the last two and a half years.
This is breaking news...
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021