VIDEO: Rs 70 crore recovered from Balochistan Finance Secretary's house
Raisani has been accused of embezzling billions of rupees from local government development funds.
According to the NAB, gold, foreign currency and prize bonds were also recovered from Raisani’s house located in GOR Colony in Quetta.
The anti-graft body had arranged cash counting machines for the purpose.
Balochistan government spokesman Anwar ul Haq Kakar has confirmed the raid and recovery of cash.
Balochistan chief secretary also ordered the suspension of Mushtaq Raisani.
Meanwhile, Jafar Mandokhel, a provincial minister, condemned the recovery of a whopping Rs. 700 million in cash from the finance secretary’s house.
“If money has been seized from his house, we strongly condemn it," he said. But NAB’s approach is wrong.”
In apparent protest, Balochistan Finance Minister Mir Khalid Langau has resigned from his post.
- CJP #GulzarAhmed inaugurates #AllamaIqbal Room, #Pakistan Corner at ...12:36 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- WATCH: Man escapes after exposing himself to a woman in Lahore’s ...11:53 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Policeman escorting polio vaccinators shot dead in Kohat11:29 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- NZ quit the Pakistan series over threats issued by five-nation ...11:15 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Amir Khan removed from US flight over a row about ‘colleague's face ...10:26 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- American canine awarded the Guinness World Record for Longest Ears on ...11:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sukynah Khan's beautiful pictures from her 'Baat Pakki' ceremony win ...10:25 PM | 18 Sep, 2021