VIDEO: Rs 70 crore recovered from Balochistan Finance Secretary's house
Raisani has been accused of embezzling billions of rupees from local government development funds.
According to the NAB, gold, foreign currency and prize bonds were also recovered from Raisani’s house located in GOR Colony in Quetta.
The anti-graft body had arranged cash counting machines for the purpose.
Balochistan government spokesman Anwar ul Haq Kakar has confirmed the raid and recovery of cash.
Balochistan chief secretary also ordered the suspension of Mushtaq Raisani.
Meanwhile, Jafar Mandokhel, a provincial minister, condemned the recovery of a whopping Rs. 700 million in cash from the finance secretary’s house.
“If money has been seized from his house, we strongly condemn it," he said. But NAB’s approach is wrong.”
In apparent protest, Balochistan Finance Minister Mir Khalid Langau has resigned from his post.
- ‘Essentials of Modern/New Marketing’ book by Kotler Impact Inc. ...11:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- UN speech — PM Imran cautions world against rising tide of ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020