‘Gift of Imran Khan’: PTI launches ‘Pencil with Seeds’ to make Karachi greener
This is a very innovative concept to encourage children to plant. The rubber part of pencil has a degradable capsule that contains seeds of cucumber, lady finger, brinjal, spinach, and coriander.
A test run of Beej wali Pencil (Pencil with Seeds) was carried out by PTI, under the supervision of Dr Arif Alvi, in Qamrul Islam School Punjab Colony NA247 PS111 in the girls section. Boys section was done later.
Test run of بیج والی پنسل yesterday in Qamrul Islam School Punjab Colony NA247 PS111 in the girls section. Boys section was done later. Children responded well on pollution, global warming and need for plantation. The excitement on getting a the pencil was out of this world 😊 pic.twitter.com/LhJUZFUli0— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) May 6, 2018
The PTI lawmaker took to Twitter to share that children responded well on pollution, global warming and need for plantation.
In a previous tweet, Dr Alvi announced that PTI Chairman Imran Khan will soon officially launch the pencil.
As a part of the #MillionTreeTsunami in Karachi @ImranKhanPTI will officially launch بیج والی پنسل— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) May 6, 2018
This is a very innovative concept to encourage children to plant. The rubber part of pencil has a degradable capsule that contains seeds of
کھیرا، بھنڈی، بینگن، پالک اور ہرا دھنیا pic.twitter.com/YvbfBxLLbJ
— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) May 6, 2018
On the other hand, last year, PTI-led Khyber Pakhtunkhwa added three-quarters of a billion new trees, as part of a "Billion Tree Tsunami" aimed at reversing worsening forest loss.
‘Billion Tree Tsunami’
It aims to turn around deforestation and increase the province's forested area by at least 2pc.
About 13,000 government and private nurseries, in almost every district of the province, are now producing hundreds of thousands of saplings of local and imported tree varieties, including pines, walnuts and eucalyptus.
Many small-scale nurseries, producing up to 25,000 saplings, have been set up with cash advances and a guaranteed purchase agreement from the provincial government.
PM Abbasi launches 'Spring Tree Plantation ... 11:20 AM | 9 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - With an aim to improve Pakistan's ecosystem, Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Friday launched Spring ...
The project has proven so popular that the federal government has now begun implementing its own "Green Pakistan Programme".
The aim of the programme is to plant 100 million trees all over the country over the next five years.
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Info Minister's brother Faisal Chaudhry made NAB prosecutor10:26 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Ahead of UN talks, FM Qureshi calls for unfreezing of Afghan assets ...09:56 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021