UAE announces $200 million in humanitarian aid to Pakistan
The funds will be invested in provinces including Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It will also include 40 projects covering roads, health, education, water and agriculture.
The move was ordered by President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces to provide humanitarian aid to Pakistan.
The funds will provide humanitarian assistance and support the country's development for a better future.
The agreement was signed in Islamabad by Abdullah Khalifa Al Ghafli, PAP director, and Commandant MCE Major General Anwar Ul Haq Chaudhry of the Pakistani Army, in the presence of Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan General Qamar Javed Bajwa and UAE Ambassador to Pakistan Hamad Obeid Al Zaabi.
At the end of the signing ceremony, the UAE representatives presented a memorial plaque to the Chief of Pakistan Army, marking the 51st anniversary of the drive of humanitarian aid for Pakistan initiated by late Sheikh Zayed in 1967.
- Nora Fatehi, Madhuri Dixit set the stage on fire with killer dance ...07:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- US state secretary discusses Afghanistan drawdown plan with Pakistan ...05:11 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Malaika Arora' latest pics spark engagement rumours04:02 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021