PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan announced on Thursday that the government will provide funeral grant of PKR 25,000 to overseas Pakistanis.
In a tweet, the premier said that the grant will be provided through Overseas Pakistanis Foundations.
“Our govt is moving forward in service delivery for #OverseasPakistanis. Funeral grant of PKR 25,000 has been approved to be given from @opf_pk,” he tweeted.
“Amount will be given to help the needy & destitute amongst our diaspora to bury their loved ones with dignity,” the prime minister said, adding that more facilities will also be announced for the expats.
Our govt is moving forward in service delivery for #OverseasPakistanis. Funeral grant of PKR 25,000 has been approved to be given from @opf_pk. Amount will be given to help the needy & destitute amongst our diaspora to bury their loved ones with dignity. More facilities to follow— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 6, 2021
Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ambassadors
On Wednesday, Prime Minister Imran Khan warned all Pakistani ambassadors that indifferent attitude to overseas citizens will not be tolerated.
He stated this while addressing the officials of Pakistani embassies through video link. The premier has directed the diplomats to give special treatment to Pakistani diaspora and resolve their problems on priority basis.
Stressing on the need to ensure complete monitoring of the complaints of overseas Pakistanis, he said embassies must work with the approach to resolve issues being faced by the Pakistani labourers abroad.
He said that the government has received numerous complaints from labour class working in foreign countries through Pakistan Citizen Portal.
He vowed that the PTI government will provide all possible assistance to our foreign missions to facilitate our people in different countries, state broadcaster reported.
Imran Khan also directed ambassadors to focus on bringing Foreign Direct Investment to Pakistan and it must be evaluated that which embassy facilitated how much FDI to Pakistan.
He said Pakistani prisoners in foreign jails need special attention and efforts should be made for their release as well.
PM Imran orders inquiry against Pakistan’s ... 06:00 PM | 29 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has ordered a high-level inquiry against Pakistan’s former Ambassador ...
- Success story of Samantha McGregor, her plans for imminent reform12:31 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- India launches probe into fake Covid tests at Kumbh Mela11:23 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in terrorist attack near Turbat airport10:52 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- KP becomes first province in Pakistan to conduct 5G trials10:04 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Egyptian siblings earn 5 Guinness World Records including largest ...05:14 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021