Mercury set to soar around 44 degrees in Karachi
The Pakistan Meteorological Department forecasted that the temperature is likely to cross 44 degrees Celsius starting tomorrow and severe weather is expected to prevail for the next five to six days.
The temperature forecast suggests an unusual change in climate for the metropolis as according to records from the past 30 years, the temperature in the city averages up to 36 degrees in the month of October.
According to Met Director Abdul Rasheed, the sea breeze, which normally keeps Karachi temperature in check, is expected to change directions, resulting in an increase in the mercury.
- Pakistan rejects India’s false comments on AJK elections07:19 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Prices of new Honda City model unveiled07:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sadaf Kanwal under fire for stating her 'marriage rules'04:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sumbul Iqbal contracts coronavirus03:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021