Mercury set to soar around 44 degrees in Karachi
The Pakistan Meteorological Department forecasted that the temperature is likely to cross 44 degrees Celsius starting tomorrow and severe weather is expected to prevail for the next five to six days.
The temperature forecast suggests an unusual change in climate for the metropolis as according to records from the past 30 years, the temperature in the city averages up to 36 degrees in the month of October.
According to Met Director Abdul Rasheed, the sea breeze, which normally keeps Karachi temperature in check, is expected to change directions, resulting in an increase in the mercury.
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021