SBP foreign reserves decrease by $276 million
With a decrease of $276 million, the total reserves have been recorded at $13.86bn in the week that ended on September 29.
The central bank has cited debt servicing and other foreign payments as reasons of the downward trend.
The peak in the reserves of the SBP had been observed in October 2016 when its assets stood at $18.9 billion. However, it started falling following decline in exports and remittances.
The government released about $8bn in the wake of debt servicing during fiscal year 2016-17 as it suffered a current account deficit of over $12bn.
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021