Former spin legend Abdul Qadir passes away at 67
LAHORE – Former Test cricketer Abdul Qadir passed away on Friday after suffering a heart attack in the Punjab capital.
The 67-year-old was born in Lahore in 1955.
Abdul Qadir was one of the best leg-spinners of his time, taking 236 wickets in 67 Test matches and 132 wickets in 104 ODIs.
PCB is shocked at the news of 'maestro' Abdul Qadir's passing and has offered its deepest condolences to his family and friends. pic.twitter.com/NTRT3cX2in
COAS expresses heartfelt grief on demise of cricket legend Abdul Qadir.
“Pakistan has lost a great sportsman and a human being. May Allah bless his soul and gives strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss, Aamen”, COAS.
— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) September 6, 2019
They called him the magician for many reasons but when he looked me in the eyes & told me I was going to play for Pakistan for the next 20 years, I believed him.A Magician, absolutely. A leg spinner & a trailblazer of his time. You will be missed Abdul Qadir but never forgotten
— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) September 6, 2019
A legend of the game, Abdul Qadir left us today. Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi raajioon. #RIP
— Wahab Riaz (@WahabViki) September 6, 2019
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
Absolutely shocking news to hear the sad passing Legend Abdul Qadir saab. May Allah SWT grant him the highest rank in jannah and his family the patience to bare the loss. #Ameen
— Sarfaraz Ahmed (@SarfarazA_54) September 6, 2019
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019