PM Imran, COAS Gen Bajwa visit LoC as Pakistan observes Defence Day
According to a brief statement by the Inter-Services Public Relations, the premier was also accompanied by Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Chairman of Special Committee on Kashmir Syed Fakhar Imam.
The visit comes as Pakistan nation observes Defence and Martyrs Day as Kashmir Solidarity Day.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had earlier confirmed the visit of the premier and elaborated that Imran Khan would be spending the day near the Line of Control.
"The premier would also be visiting the family of a martyr in Muzaffarabad," said Qureshi.
The foreign minister expressed that the enemy could not defeat a nation whose history was enriched with the sacrifices of martyrs, who had laid down their lives while protecting their motherland.
“We owe to the sacrifices of our martyrs, who sacrificed their today for Pakistan’s tomorrow,” the foreign minister told media persons during his visit to the residence of family of Shaheed Captain Junaid Irfan Abbasi in Rawalpindi.
The foreign minister also expressed that the unilateral action taken by India regarding the revocation of Kashmir's special status has endangered regional peace.
Defence and Martyrs Day
It was on September 6th in 1965 that the Indian forces crossed international border in the darkness of night to attack Pakistan but the nation foiled nefarious designs of the enemy.
The Defence and Martyrs Day is also being observed as Kashmir Solidarity Day this year to reaffirm the support of Pakistani nation to the oppressed people of occupied Kashmir who have been under lockdown for over a month now.
Special prayers were offered after fajr prayer in mosques for the progress and prosperity of the country and independence of occupied Kashmir from the cruel clutches of India. Fateha and Quran Khawani will also be held for the martyrs. The day dawned with 31 gun salute at the Federal Capital and 21 gun salute at provincial capitals.
The main ceremony of the day will be held at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi to pay tributes to the martyrs.
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- PTI’s Firdous Naqvi resigns as Sindh opposition leader05:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020