Pakistan Navy celebrates 55th anniversary of Defence Day
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Navy on Sunday celebrated 55th anniversary of Defence Day of Pakistan with reverence and effervescent spirit.
The day was observed to commemorate supreme sacrifices of our Armed Forces, martyrs and Ghazis, and national heroes who stood against the enemy with unparalleled display of unity and tenacity during 1965 Indo-Pak War.
In his message on the occasion, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi paid homage to the Shuhada and Ghazis who remained undeterred by the size of the enemy and foiled its nefarious designs with grit, courage and honour.
On this day, nation acknowledges sacrifices of its gallant and resilient soldiers, sailors and airmen who defended the ideological and geographical frontiers of their motherland.
The Naval Chief reiterated that Pakistan Navy is fully capable and prepared to give a befitting response to any misadventure by the enemy across the entire spectrum of maritime threat.
The Admiral urged that this day being a symbol of courage, resolve, sacrifice and national integrity demands a pledge to work selflessly and to adhere resolutely to the Quaid’s great principles by anchoring strong faith in Allah Almighty.
The day dawned with special prayers offered in all naval mosques for preservation of integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan. Quran Khawani were held for interminable peace of Shuhada of the 1965 war. Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi laid floral wreath at Shuhada’s Monument at Naval Headquarters Islamabad, interacted with the families of Shuhada and offered Fateha.
Wreath laying ceremonies and Fateha Khawani were also held at Shuhada’s memorials at Field Command Headquarters.
Flag hoisting ceremonies were held at all naval units and establishments wherein Commanding Officers of all units and establishments addressed special gatherings of officers and men and highlighted significance of the day.
All ships and establishments were decorated and illuminated in accordance with naval traditions.
Other activities of the day included various colorful sports activities and Defence Day Fishing Boats Rallies/ Races at Gwadar and Creeks area.
- 'Pakistan plans sending 100,000 skilled workers to Kuwait'03:24 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 532 new Coronavirus cases reported; eight deaths in past 24 hours03:07 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- LHC orders to shut brick kilns from Nov 7 to Dec 3101:28 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Hania Amir clarifies that she didn’t get any lip fillers01:18 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020