16 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits into two
NEW DELHI – An Air India Express passenger plan on Friday skidded off the runway while landing at Calicut airport in Kerala amid heavy rainfall.
The flight which was carrying 184 passengers and 7 crew members including two pilots also broke into two piece after the crash landing and fell into a populated area.
Video of the Air India Express crash. pic.twitter.com/E22G409eYV— Aditya Raj Kaul (@AdityaRajKaul) August 7, 2020
At least 16 people including pilot of the ill-fated plane lost their lives in the incident. Dozens of passengers are being treated at different hospital for their injuries while 15 of them are in critical condition.
Kerala has received heavy rainfall through the day.
More info to follow...
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021